Some examples of supported initiatives:
- Reducing maternal mortality by providing a modern Vacuum Assisted Delivery System (VAD).
- Early detection of Tuberculosis and (consequently) reduced infection rates.
- Portable suction during emergency operations.
- Patient friendly trauma wound-care.
World-renowned NGO organizations like UNICEF, the ICRC and MSF, are looking for suction solutions to meet the needs of their missions. Examples are:
- Reducing maternal mortality in sub-Saharan African countries with the help of Medela Manual Vacuum Extractor Kit
- Early detection of tuberculosis in seven Asian and African countries with the help of Medela Vario battery operated pump
As these missions always operate in developing countries, the main requirements for devices are:
- Full functionality
- Independence from power supplies
- Ease of use and maintenance
- High level of reliability